Experience Japanese Culture!
No Reservations Required!
#Woodblock print class #Calligraphy class
If you have already seen the beauty of Japanese arts and culture, you would sure be interested in what it is and how those were made of. Experience it yourself is always the best way to know different culture. But it can be troublesome for tourists to make arrangements to do it in a short stay .
Here, we will provide you a short and fun experience of Japanese culture WITHOUT RESERVATION . All you have to do is to come to Kyoto Kiss. Tourists travelling alone or waiting for partner or mates on shopping are welcomed. Of course, if you want to enjoy it with your partner, mates and families, you can use our 2nd floor, "Takien-an(Experience room).
Woodblock print class:
Wow! Experience the magic of multi-color Woodblock print.
Woodblock printing is one of the Japanese traditional method of printing books and images,Ukiyo-e is the best known type of Japanese woodblock art print. Enjoy the art of multi-color woodblock printing during your stay in Kyoto!
Woodblock printing experience:
- Print at post cards
- Printed post cards are gifted to take home as a souvenir
1,000yen/ person (20minute)
- Fees for printing is included
- Up to 6 people
All you need is Calligraphy! Easy and Fun Shodo.
Japanese calligraphy (Shodo) is a form of artistical writing of Japanese language. Let's learn how to use brush with inkstick and make your own black and white art form. Discover the spirit of Zen thought during your stay in Kyoto!
- Brief introduction of Japanese calligraphy
- Practice easy calligraphy with our guide papers
- Choose some ideograms from our collection and practice on the wa-shi(Japanese paper)
- Write the ideogram you most like on the cardboard and Japanese fan
- Take home all the papers, cardboards and Japanese fan
1,500yen/ person (1hour)
- Up to 6 people
- It will finish in 30 minutes in case of 1 people
In case of difficult condition, we would appreciate it if you could call us before coming